Nestled in Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia, MYBO offers a comprehensive, fulfilling yoga teacher training experience for devotees to the practice. MYBO’s yoga teacher training is truly a life-changing experience that allows students to blossom into leaders.
VINYASA, GENTLE HATHA & RESTORATIVE TEACHER TRAINING
200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training
Do you want to become a yoga teacher? Would you like to immerse yourself in practice where you can fine tune your asanas but also dive deeper into the teachings of Yoga? Would you like to build a solid foundation in vinyasa asana, meditation, breathing technique, devotion, restorative yoga, diet and nutrition? Mind Your Body Oasis’ Spring 2017 Vinyasa/Flow Teacher Training is the next chapter in your life.
Yoga teacher training is a big decision as well as a commitment, we commend you for making it this far and considering this life changing experience. Mind Your Body Oasis (MYBO) strongly believes that the practices of yoga and a solid foundation of nutrition and diet provide a platform and a tool to achieve and believe in yourself and your dreams. This teacher training will be as unique and special as it will be practical. You will learn how you can apply all that you learn directly to becoming a yoga teacher (if that is what you desire) or how to live the healthy life of a yogi or yogini more fully in your existence. Everyone involved at MYBO is focused on you, your growth, your knowledge and building a community that can be your Oasis…your home.
MYBO is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance, which means that when you graduate you can then become a Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher at the 200 hour level (RYT-200). Besides the knowledge you will acquire through the experience itself.
We require that you have been practicing yoga for at least 6 months, preferably through MYBO class formats. This journey you are embarking on is special because it is an unfolding and a blossoming in your practice, as well as your experience and in your life. It is not so much about where you have been or where you are now, but the unlimited potential ahead. When you complete the training you will have a deeper understanding and first-hand experience of many aspects of yoga. You will be able to teach multiple levels and practitioners with a wide range of experiences and several different styles. You will have the confidence to go out in to the world and share your passion of yoga. This is an Oasis Flow training which is the format that MYBO teaches.
Application Fee $300 (non refundable, does not apply to price of program)
$3000 by 1/14/17 when Module 1 begins (over $1500 savings) or pay per module.
Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher
MYBO is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance, which means that when you graduate, you can then become a Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher at the 200 hour level (RYT-200).
Training and Practice: (80 Hours)
- Includes asana (poses), pranayama (breathing technique), meditation, japa (mantra meditation), and vinyasa, modifications and variations of poses. Gentle hatha and use of props in a restorative practice. We will go over technique and application, some analysis of how to teach as well as practice some guided practice of techniques themselves.
Anatomy and Physiology: (10 hours)
- Includes the physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, muscular action, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (nadis, chakras, bandhas, etc.) We will discuss the various application of the yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy alignment, etc.) and how to teach your students to discover their own movement patterns and ways to create new patterns of proper posture.
Electives: (20 hours)
- Covers a basic introduction and understanding of Sanksrit, Ayurveda, Nutrition, Detox, Essential Oils, Philosophy from the Vedas and Bhagavad Gita.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics: (20 hours)
Covers topics including:
- Yoga Philosophy in relation to the Eight Limb Path, or structural framework of yoga
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy: Historical development of yoga (a broad overview Yoga Sutras through modern yoga)
- Ethics of yoga for a yoga teacher
- Lifestyle of a yoga teacher through nutrition, diet and karma yoga or seva (service)
Teaching Methodology: (20 hours)
Covers topics including:
- Qualities of a teacher and student
- How to find and use language and voice
- Demonstration, observation, correcting and assisting postures
- How to theme classes and teach workshops and private classes
- How to sequence intelligently and safely
- How to teach beginners, all levels and intermediate to advanced.
Practicum: (20 hours)
- Includes practice teaching in pairs and in groups, receiving feedback, observing and giving others feedback. Students assist a class while someone else teaches.
Business of Yoga: (5 hours)
- Covers marketing and promoting yourself as a practitioner; How to start a yoga studio, including funding, construction, permits, leases, marketing, hiring/staffing guidelines, how to run a studio, etc.
Assignments outside of classroom: (20 hours)
- Involves homework and journal questions