Far Infrared Sauna sessions are ideal for detoxifying and cleansing the body, relaxing, and burning calories.
Rather than heating the air (as a traditional sauna will), our Far Infrared Sauna provides direct heat, allowing far infrared rays to penetrate deep into the body where they gently elevate its surface temperature and activate major bodily functions. Far Infrared treatments can help increase blood flow, stimulate metabolism, rebuild injured tissue, and relax the mind and your muscles.
We urge you to book time either before or after a hot yoga class to amp up the detoxifying benefits of our far infrared technology.
The Perfect Marriage: Hot Yoga plus Far Infrared Heat Therapy
Looking for a recipe for enhanced health and wellness: Combine a consistent yoga practice with Far Infrared Heat Therapy two to three times per week. Enjoy a sauna session before your next class to allow your body to relax and deepen the detoxification benefits from sweating in a yoga class.
Too busy to fit in a class? Schedule a sauna session, and get similar benefits in just 30 minutes. You can also take advantage of our Amethyst BioMat while getting a massage or other treatment in one of our treatment rooms. This special treatment room has Far Infrared Light, Amethyst Crystals, and Negative Ions.
30 Minutes/$30, 10 Pack/$250, 30 Pack/$500
All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Benefits of Far Infrared Sauna Treatments
Relax and Heal
Traditional saunas can elevate the heat to upwards of 180 degrees in most cases. For many, this is entirely too hot and too uncomfortable to endure and enjoy the detoxifying benefits. Far Infrared Treatments provide a gentle, yet effective and healthy sweat that can actually eliminate more toxins than a traditional sauna.
Studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3% toxins; however, sweat from a Far Infrared Sauna contains about 17% toxins. The deep detoxification benefits and deep penetrating heat from our Far Infrared Saunas make them an effective and essential part of your health and wellness regimen.
Our modern lives are full of stress and short on spare time. Far Infrared Heat Therapy sessions provide a convenient way to burn calories, detox, and get many of the benefits of a workout in a short period of time. After a 30 minute session, your body will benefit all day.
Tips for Maximizing the Benefits of Far Infrared Sauna Heat Therapy
Did you know that The Food and Drug Administration approves of the therapeutic use of Far Infrared Saunas? In addition, Health Insurance Companies may offer reimbursement for cost of a sauna if prescribed by a doctor. In some cases, the IRS may allow a health expense deduction for Infrared Sauna Therapy if prescribed by a doctor. Far Infrared Therapy is becoming more and more accessible to the masses due to its healthful detoxifying benefits.
Here are some tips for maximizing your detoxification and relaxation while undergoing Far Infrared Heat Therapy:
- Wear loose clothing or your birthday suit. The more exposure Far Infrared Heat has to the body, the better!
- To receive the best detoxification results, wait at least one to two hours after eating.
- While any time is a good time to use the Far Infrared Sauna, the most ideal times of the day are early in the more or before bedtime.
- As a beginner, it is best to ease into the Far Infrared Sauna use with 20 minute sessions. Your first week should not exceed 30 minutes per session. Once you are comfortable and your body has adjusted to the treatment, you can slowly move into 30 to 40 minute sessions. For deeper detoxification, two sessions per day are acceptable and healthy.
- Keep the water flowing. Always drink plenty of water or fruit juice the day of, before, during, and after your sauna sessions.
- Do not push yourself too hard at the onset, because you are at risk for overheating, particularly if your body temperature rises above 102 degrees. Some people sweat immediately, while for others, it can take up to two to three sauna sessions to break a good sweat. Over time, body temperature will regulate and you will begin to sweat more quickly as your body adjusts.
- Should you experience Healing Reactions, don’t be alarmed. These are temporary symptoms associated with eliminating toxic substances, healing chronic infections or metabolic changes in the body. They are an important function of all deep healing methods. Symptoms may include headache, muscle pain, odors, and fatigue. However, if these persist, you should see a doctor.
- Fat and cellulite deposits begin to melt at 101 degrees. Massage fatty tissue during your Far Infrared Sauna session to help break down these areas into smaller water clusters. Once broken down, they can literally escape through the pores.
- Stretching your limbs and back during your session will improve your flexibility.
- Gently massage stiff, knotty areas of the body during your Far Infrared Sauna session.
- Oils and lotions are a “No-No.” These can block pores and inhibit sweating.
- Feel a cold coming on? Jump into the Far Infrared Sauna to help strengthen your immune system. The sauna can help induce hyperthermia, which increases your white blood cell count and fight viruses.
- Cool down and relax. Allow your body to adjust and cool off by sitting or reclining for about 10 minutes after the session. Don’t forget to drink water!
Shower with warm water and exfoliate to help remove toxins from your body. It is extremely important to cleanse your skin with paraben and oil free soaps in order to let the skin continue to breathe. Finish the shower with cool water to help refresh your senses and close your pores.
- Speak with a MYBO staff member about how to turn your body fluid pH slightly alkaline. It is very common for most people to have an acidic blood and body fluid Ph. This prevents optimum body healing and cell regeneration on many levels. Expensive supplements are not necessary to attain proper body pH. Calcium/Magnesium, taken in a 2 to 1 ratio, as a vitamin supplement will help rebalance your body fluid pH. Example: 800mg Calcium, 400mg Magnesium in pill form is inexpensive and effective.